Monday, 5 December 2011

An experience of a lifetime courtesy of Richard Branson!





Wow - it's safe to say I have just received some of the best news EVER...remember Richard Bransons competition I entered and blogged about yesterday? Well unbelievably...I WON! Just after midday today I received the Twitter message from the 'king of the Virgin Empire' himself- it went like this...


"Congrats  - if you fancy a weekend in New York, come and meet me in London on Friday! "


Sat in my International Entrepreneurship class at Southampton University, I glanced at my phone and caught a glimpse of this Twitter message, mouth wide open in shock. I didn't really believe my own eyes to start with, so I frantically started up my laptop to check (because mobile phones aren't reliable of course...)


There it was as clear as anything..I would be meeting one of my biggest inspirations on Friday and taking a trip to one of the most amazing places in the world this weekend...New York! I managed to resist the urge to faint in front of a class of people, and walked briskly home in the rain with the cheesiest grin on my face!

When I found out that the trip to New York allows me to take a travel companion, I could think of no one better to share the experience with me than my Mum (@Debbie_Gee). Not only has she been my support & inspiration throughout life, always believing in me and encouraging me to reach for my dreams, she also shares the passion I have for entrepreneurship and has always said she would love to meet Richard Branson one day. How many 20 year old students get the opportunity to thank their parents in such a way eh?!




This weekend I will be having one of the best experiences of my life courtesy of Virgin, and it comes exactly one week after I had my car written off by some silly kids thinking that its funny to ram my car into the neighbours in the middle of the night...I don't think they realise that Karma comes back around! It has reminded me that life is full of ups and downs, and your experience truly is what you make of it. Focus on the good and great things will manifest around you.


I am incredibly thankful for Richards generosity, and will certainly make the most of this experience- both meeting him in person and experiencing New York in style! I am about to ring my mobile provider and see about getting an internet package on my mobile so that I can blog and Tweet about my experience in real-time, so keep checking back !


Ciao for now :-)

0 comments:

Post a Comment